Quantum has announced the release of the H4000 Essential, an all-in-one appliance that integrates Quantum CatDV media asset management and Quantum StorNext 7 shared storage software on the H4000 storage platform.
The H4000 Essential provides shared storage and automatic content indexing, discovery, and workflow collaboration for small creative teams.
Quantum says it does not require specialised IT skills to support, “can be up and running in minutes, and offers unique features that integrate media management and storage so these teams can spend more time creating and less time searching for content.”
The system starts at under $40,000.
“What’s remarkable about the new H4000 Essential is that we’ve brought the most important capabilities of two powerful platforms – CatDV and StorNext – and taken away the complexity and time in configuring and managing them separately and setting up production workflows. The H4000 Essential is the fastest solution to stand up for a new project or a new team – whether working directly on the storage, collaborating remotely from the field, managing multiple projects simultaneously, or all the above,” said Dave Clack, vice president and general manager, Cloud Software and Analytics, Quantum. “For the first time, these industry-leading technologies are in reach of small creative groups everywhere.”
The H4000 Essential features
· StorNext collaborative shared storage systems of starting at either 48TB or 96TB of raw storage in a compact 2U server, expandable up to 384TB with purchase of additional storage
· A highly-available dual-controller architecture
· An intuitive out of the box user experience designed for creative professionals to get up and running quickly
· 25GbE networking connection to customer networks
· Unified StorNext and CatDV account creation with StorNext-powered SMB storage volume sharing
· StorNext shared storage operations to trigger file ingesting, metadata extraction, proxy and filmstrip creation without needing ‘file tree polling’
· Automatic content ingest, metadata extraction, proxy, thumbnail, and filmstrip creation
· Automatic content cataloging and indexing based on folder structure, made immediately available to all users
· Highly efficient StorNext and CatDV integration to avoid file system polling that can impact performance
· Quantum CatDV pre-installed and pre-configured for use by up to 10 named users, including use of Adobe Premiere Pro CatDV Panel
· Integration with Quantum Cloud-Based Analytics (CBA) software for remote, proactive system monitoring
· Available archiving plugins for Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage, or choice of S3-compatible storage
Share this story