Sponsored by CVP
Over the years we have seen some fantastic cameras introduced by RED DIGITAL CINEMA. The company has been a hugely influential trail-blazer for digital production and its name has become synonymous with innovation in the camera space. As a result its products are highly anticipated and there is always a good chance that any camera it produces could end up being disruptive to the established status quo.
The KOMODO 6K doesn’t disappoint either. The camera is the latest breakthrough product from RED and as the UK’s only RED Premium Dealer and the leading broadcast and professional video solutions provider in the UK and Europe, CVP is now exclusively taking pre-orders for RED KOMODO 6K and KOMODO accessories.
KOMODO was originally conceived and designed as a crash camera for high-end motion picture use or as a B or C camera for productions already using RED’s existing DSMC2 line up. Its compact body houses a host of powerful features, including:
- A new 6K Super 35 global shutter sensor capable of capturing 16+ stops of dynamic range with no compromise or rolling shutter artefacts
- RED’s renowned IPP2 image pipeline and market-leading colour science
- The latest evolution of REDCODE. the most versatile RAW codec in the market, especially optimised for KOMODO
- Improved stabilisation and Post Zoom for ensuring details are never missed
- RF lens mount for compatibility with a wide range of EF and PL lenses
- Live 4K output for on-set monitoring
- And affordability. RED KOMODO offers all this from a start price of £4950 ex VAT
“The introduction of KOMODO provides access to the RED ecosystem for a whole new market.” comments CVP Sales Director, Jon Fry. “RED has always been keen to offer high-end cinema cameras to as many filmmakers as possible and KOMODO delivers on this with its compact, Hollywood standard of pedigree camera at an attractive price point.”
The recently reopened Newman House, one of CVP’s Fitzrovia showrooms, is offering the opportunity for visitors to test and evaluate KOMODO on an appointment only basis. CVP’s team of highly trained Technical Consultants have curated a wide range of accessories that can be rigged in various configurations to suit any budget or scenario.
- To pre-order visit cvp.com/komodo
- To book your demo cvp.com/events
- KOMODO has already been included in CVP’s sophisticated yet easy-to-use online Lens Coverage and Camera Comparison Tool(cvp.com/tools/camaralens), offering a visual representation of coverage of lenses when paired with various sensor formats, and different cameras using the same lens.
Share this story