Blackmagic Design has announced the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K, a new high end digital film camera with a full frame 6K sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range, L-Mount lens mount and dual native ISO up to 25,600 and recording to CFexpress cards.
The new model features a 24 x 36mm 6K sensor, “allowing for large format cinema camera image quality in a portable, lightweight body.” Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K also uses an L-Mount for lenses which works with a wide range of new and vintage lenses. The camera is available now for US$2,595.
The camera features a full frame 24 x 36mm 6K sensor with wide dynamic range, a flexible L-Mount for lenses and a built in optical low pass filter that’s custom designed to match the sensor. Customers also get fast CFexpress media and the camera can use Pocket Cinema Camera accessories. The camera records both deep bit depth Blackmagic RAW and H.264 proxies at the same time.
“With the new Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K, we wanted to create the most portable camera possible for high end, large format cinematography,” said Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design CEO. “That’s why we took the Pocket Cinema Camera platform but completely re-engineered the electronics inside around a full frame sensor and L-Mount. This means our customers get amazing large format images in an extremely portable design that also works with the accessories they already own. The L-Mount also opens up some amazing creative options like using the latest Leica lenses or using vintage lenses customers already own in an entirely new way. This is a true high end cinema camera designed for high end work and we think it gives our customers a whole new way to tell their stories!”
Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K Features
* 36 x 24mm full frame 6K 6048 x 4032 sensor.
* Open gate 3:2, full height 6:5 anamorphic and Super 35 for creating cinematic content.
* L-Mount compatible with a wide range of still photography and cinema lenses.
* Records full resolution up to 36 fps or 120 fps windowed.
* Extremely fast CFexpress card recording.
* Adjustable, HDR 1500 nit LCD screen.
* Optional Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Pro EVF.
* Larger NP-F570 battery, optional Blackmagic Pocket Camera Battery Pro Grip.
Share this story