The NVIDIA Omniverse™ open platform directly addresses the bottlenecks within the VFX pipeline to enable real-time collaboration and real-time photorealistic rendering for a globally distributed workforce while resolving application incompatibilities and greatly accelerating the iterative process.
Sponsored by Escape Technology
With visual effects and CG environments now being shot in-camera on virtual production stages, real-time collaboration has become a necessity to minimise costs during production. In the growing content creation and virtual production ecosystem, teams need a way to quickly create and iterate assets, review progress for dailies, and make fast edits for live on-set collaboration.
The NVIDIA Omniverse™ is a cloud-native, multi-GPU enabled open platform for virtual collaboration and real-time photorealistic ray tracing and simulation
Omniverse runs on any NVIDIA RTX™ device—from a laptop to a server—transforming complex 3D production workflows. Built on Pixar’s USD, Omniverse celebrates open standards. Artists can now unite their assets, libraries, and software applications within Omniverse, freely iterate on assets and scenes in real-time, and instantly share cinematic visuals to any device.
Individual users can accelerate any workflow with one-click interoperability between leading software tools, while widespread teams can experience seamless collaboration in an interactive, simulated world—even when using multiple software suites.
Pixar’s USD – Universal Screen Description – is the foundation for NVIDIA Omniverse™
This open-source 3D scene description and file format is easily extensible, originally developed to simplify content creation and the interchange of assets between different industry software tools. USD began in the animation and visual effects industry to enable collaboration across globally spread teams.
Today, it’s becoming widely adopted across multiple content creation tools like Autodesk Maya, Epic Games Unreal Engine, SideFX Houdini, Substance Painter by Adobe and more. With high performance acceleration from NVIDIA RTX™ technology, the Omniverse platform harnesses broad support for third-party software vendors and the power of unique NVIDIA technologies, such as ray tracing, simulation, and material libraries.
From initial concept design and previz to editing virtual production sets in real-time
- Initial Concept Design – Artists can quickly develop and refine conceptual ideas to bring the Director’s vision to life
- A Competitive Edge – Art Departments can produce innovative ideas swiftly, with infinite iterations at no opportunity cost to meet bid deadlines, win new projects, and maximize profitability
- Real-Time Dailies – remote teams and supervisors can review beautiful, photoreal shots from almost any device, allowing them to convey ideas effectively, reducing the number of review cycles, keeping projects on track and accelerating the path to approvals
- Global Collaboration – globally-dispersed content teams with a broad range of disciplines can now collaborate and communicate easily, increasing creative flow across departments
- Virtual Production – with the move to shooting visual effects in-camera on virtual production stages, virtual art departments can collaborate directly with the set, making directorial edits in real-time
Find out what the virtualisation of VFX workflows means to you and your business
Working with NVIDIA, HP and Teradici, Escape Technology has brought together a truly modern, robust and secure workflow solution to accelerate your VFX pipeline working – collaboratively and in real-time – with a globally distributed workforce
Hear Escape Technology’s CTO Lee Danskin express the new vision for remote VFX workflows and find out more at https://www.escape-technology.com/omniversetrial
Share this story