A group of high-end cinematographers, including triple Oscar winner Vittorio Storaro, colourists and DITs will take part in a live online seminar and roundtable on using HDR as a storytelling tool tonight, August 21st between 7pm and 8.30pm BST
Vittorio Storaro, ASC, AIC is one of, if not the, most famous cinematographers in the world. Vittorio has won three Oscars for cinematography with an exceptional credit list including The Last Emperor and Apocalypse Now. He is contributing to this evening’s seminar and roundtable with an already stellar line-up exploring the theory and creative expression that HDR brings to filmmaking.
High Dynamic Range has introduced a powerful new tool that can enhance cinematic expression. The use of light and colour have a powerful impact on storytelling, particularly to convey emotion and mood. HDR offers a better canvas and larger palette through which to achieve this expression, but this needs to be planned for.
Who should attend? Cinematographers, colourists, directors and producers and all those involved in the craft of cinematic storytelling
The programme runs as follows:
20minute – Presentation (HDR as a Storytelling Tool) by
- Simone D’arcangelo, DIT, cinematographer and CEO of Wildcat (credits Woody Allen’s Café Society & A Rainy Day in New York
- Anthony Raffaele, Colourist (credits Woody Allen’s Café Society & A Rainy Day in New York)
- Pablo Garcia, Head of Colour at Mission (Colour Supervisor for His Dark Materials & Downton Abbey)
15minute – Special Presentation by Vittorio Storaro, ASC, AIC (triple Oscar-winning cinematographer with credits including The Last Emperor, Apocalypse Now & A Rainy Day in New York)
45minute Panel discussion also including:
- Asa Shoul, Colourist at Warner Bros De Lane Lea (credits Mission Impossible – Fall Out & The Crown & Devs)
- Angus Hudson, BSC, Cinematographer (credits additional DoP Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi & Mary Queen of Scots, and cinematographerYou Should have left)
- Roberto Schaefer, ASC, AIC, Cinematographer (credits Quantum of Solace & Finding Neverland)
- MC- James Bennett, MD, Televisual
This seminar has been organised by Mission and Wildcat and is supported by Televisual and Sim
Find out more at facebook.com/missiondigital and be part of the discussion tonight.