Fujifilm has announced the launch of the “Premista 19-45mm T2.9”, a wide-angle zoom covering focal lengths from 19mm to 45mm.
The new lens will be released on the 28th January as the third model to join the Premista Series of cinema zoom lenses along with the Premista 28- 100mm T2.9 and the Premista 80-250mm T2.9-3.5.
The Premista 19-45mm covers Large-Format sensors and delivers “outstanding high resolution, natural and beautiful bokeh, and rich tonality.”
Here’s Fuji’s information on the new lens
Wide-angle zoom covering focal lengths from 19mm to 45mm
- The Premista 19-45mm covers strategic focal lengths equivalent to five prime lenses*3, thereby reducing the need to change a lens for fast and efficient shooting with no re- balancing. The intentional focal length overlap with the Premista 28-100 allows this lens to be more than just a wide lens – it becomes the go-to close up lens for many hand-held stabilised shooting setups..
- At 19mm, when used on an ARRI Alexa LF/Mini LF*4, it gives approximately the same horizontal angle of view that a 13mm lens would give on Super-35 3-perf film.
- The Premista 19-45 allows for a constant T-stop value of 2.9 across its focal length range.
- The lens can form a kit with the Premista Series’ standard and telephoto zooms to cover focal lengths from 19mm to 250mm.
Compact design and excellent robustness
• The use of proprietary optical simulation technology and mechanical design technology enables a compact yet robust lens body measuring 228mm / 9” and weighing 3.3kg / 7.3lb that can withstand harsh professional shooting conditions.
- The Premista 19-45mm shares the same front diameter and gear position for the focus, zoom and iris operating rings as the other two Premista zooms. This allows the shared use of accessories such as matte boxes and follow-focus systems, without the need to re-adjust accessory positions when swapping lenses.
- It features a Flange Focal Distance adjustment mechanism*5, allowing technicians to easily adjust the flange focal distance by unlocking and rotating a ring on the lens barrel to correct shifts in the flange focal distance sometimes caused by rapid temperature changes.
- The focus ring has a wide rotation angle of 280 degrees and gives smooth torque during rotation for precise focusing and excellent operability. Fluorescent paint is applied to index marks on the focus, zoom and iris rings so that these settings can be visibly checked even at night or in a dark room.
- Compatible with the ZEISS eXtended Data
• Along with the 28-100 and 80-250 lenses, the 19-45 lens also supports “ZEISS eXtended Data”, developed by Carl Zeiss in compliance with the “/i® Technology*6” communication protocol. This allows users to record metadata during video shooting, including lens distortion and shading fall-off, thereby reducing video-editing workload in post-production and facilitating efficient video production.