Callum McDougall, executive producer on the James Bond movies Spectre, Skyfall and Casino Royale, has been added as a keynote speaker at BVE 2018. McDougall’s other credits include Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban, The Beach and the forthcoming feature Mary Poppins Returns.
Industrial Light and Magic’s Ben Lambert has also joined the BVE line-up and will explore the processes and insight behind the creation of visual effects for The Last Jedi. Currently working on films including Jurassic World 2, Lambert has also been involved with many VFX-heavy films such as Gravity, Avatar and the Harry Potter series.
Other speakers at BVE at ExCel London from 27th February to 1st March include Blue Planet II producers Orla Doherty and Jonathan Smith who will share their experiences of creating one of the most watched television shows of the last 12 months.
Over the course of the three-day event, more than 300 speakers will feature and 100 sessions will take place with six theatres dedicated to different areas of content and video production: The Storytellers Stage, The Business of Production, Craft of Capture, Techflow Futures, Post in Practice, and Connected Delivery.
· Cameron Saunders, Managing Director, UK Theatrical, 20th Century Fox
· Jeff Kember, Technical Director, Media, CTO Office, Google Cloud
· Suzanne Mackie, Creative Director, Left Bank Pictures (credits include executive producer Season I & II ‘The Crown’ and YouTube Red series ‘Origin’)
· Tom Griffiths, Director of Broadcast & Distribution Technology, ITV
· Oliver Stapleton BSC ( credits include: Cider House Rules, My Beautiful Laundrette)
· Ula Pontikos, Cinematographer, (credits include : Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool)
· Tim Hoogenakker, Re-recording Mixer – Formosa Group, Credits include, ‘Game of Thrones’, ‘Hunger Games’
· Steve MacPherson, CTO, Framestore
· Martin Williams, Multiple Emmy Award Winning Creative Director, Founder – Talesmith & Flyride Films Edward Humphrey ,Director of Digital & Ventures, BFI Dawn McCarthy-Simpson MBE, Director of International Development, PACT
· Wim Ponnet, Group Director of Strategy and Commercial Development – Endemol Shine Group
· David Amodio, Digital and Creative Leader – Channel 4
· Martin Percy, BAFTA Winning Director – Unit9
· Mark Harrison, Managing Director – Digital Production Partnership
· Steve Fish, VP Media & Technology Architecture – Turner Broadcasting
Daniel Sacchelli, BVE Event Manager, said: “This year, BVE has attracted its strongest speaker line-ups yet, featuring some of the creative industries’ leading lights from behind the camera. The breadth of speakers and experts available for visitors to hear from and discover is truly unique and exciting, with a genuine mix in all areas of production.
“No other show in the UK connects as many parts of the broadcast sector. BVE enables its visitors to learn from some of the most celebrated industry figures, make lasting business connections, collaborate with fellow creators, and experience new technologies shaping the future of media.”
The UK’s three largest terrestrial TV stations will also be represented with Keith Underwood, director of strategy and technology, Channel 4; Mike Ellie, head of production architecture, BBC; and Tom Griffiths, director of broadcast & distribution technology, ITV.
To view the complete BVE 2018 programme and register for free tickets, visit www.bvexpo.com
Share this story