Bafta has announced its Breakthrough Brits list at a ceremony at the Burberry flagship store on Regent Street.
The newcomers from the worlds of games, film and TV were selected by a jury of industry experts after a UK-wide open call for applications and nominations.
Honourees receive one-to-one mentoring, an international travel bursary, guidance sessions and networking opportunities, as well as free access to BAFTA events, for 12 months.
The full list
• Adam Vian and Thomas Vian – Game Directors
• Anna Hollinrake – Games Artist
• Charlie Cooper and Daisy Cooper – Writers/Actors
• Chloë Thomson – Cinematographer
• Daniel Fountain – Game Designer
• Francis Lee – Writer/Director
• Henry Hoffman – Creative Director (Games)
• Hope Dickson Leach – Writer/Director
• Jessie Buckley – Actress
• Josh O’Connor – Actor
• Kit Fraser – Cinematographer
• Lydia Hampson – Producer
• Mahalia Belo – Director
• Molly Windsor – Actress
• Olivia Wood – Games Writer & Editor
• Sarah Quintrell – Writer
• Segun Akinola – Composer
• Susan Wokoma – Actress
Amanda Berry OBE, Chief Executive of BAFTA, said: “Breakthrough Brits, in partnership with Burberry, identifies the very best emerging talent in film, games and television. As it reaches its fifth year, I am so proud of what the initiative has achieved and the talented people it is has honoured. Over the next year the Breakthrough Brits will be supported by BAFTA and mentored by some of the industry’s most established professionals. This year’s Breakthrough Brits truly represent the diverse range of talents that make up our industries.”
Share this story