The Atomos Shogun Inferno 4K HDR monitor recorder announced at NAB is now shipping.
Atomos say the initial launch firmware will have most of the announced functionality, however there are some features that will be implemented in the weeks to come. A summary of the features ready now and those still to come with free firmware updates are summarised below;
Here’s Atomos’s list of the added functionality the Shogun Inferno is now shipping with:
• 4K60p video recording over HDMI and 12G SDI in Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHR. Perfect for the ever increasing 4K 60p model list (Sony FS7, F55, AX1 & Panasonic DVX-200, HCX1000, UX180)
• Capture HDR Log / Raw as ProRes or DNxHR and use the 10+ stops of the AtomHDR monitor to set perfect exposure using the log from Arri, Canon, Panasonic, Sony, JVC and Red cameras
• The increased processing power of Inferno allows us to add 4K 30p DCI recording over HDMI. A huge feature request from GH4 users, it opens up the camera to cinema applications
• The high resolution 7" calibrated monitor boasts 1500 nit brightness making it perfect for hood-free outdoor monitoring.
• With FS Raw to ProRes / DNxHR recording up to 4K 60p Sony FS5, FS700 and FS7 users unlock high resolution, high frame rate recording
• With Canon to ProRes / DNxHR recording up to 4K 30p Canon C300MKII and C500 users unlock high resolution 4K recording
This initial release will be updated 4-5 weeks later with free firmware to add high frame rate recording for Sony FS5, FS700, FS7 cameras. These users will already be able to record Raw to ProRes/DNxHR up to 4K 60p in the initial firmware but will additionally add HD/2K 100/120/200/240p recording capability.
Following this update, there will be OS updates every 4-5 weeks to add in the remaining features including those announced at IBC scheduled for Q4 2016. In order of priority these will be;
• Raw recording for Sony FS series, Canon, Arri & Panasonic LT
• HLG in/out to broaden compatibility with playback on HDR screens and as a HDR input for mobile grading
• QuadLink SDI for connection with cameras that have multiple 1.5/3G or single 6/12G without the need for converters
• Scheduled playlist to schedule playout for live events, instore demonstration etc.
Share this story