Twickenham Studios (TW1), operated by Time+Space Studios, has now officially opened a brand new television Studio facility at the West London base.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, the new ‘shiny floor’ facility will be run under a new “STUDIO SAFE” programme that covers everything from Total Safe Set – Studio/Theatre/Equipment Protocols and Procedures. Already, Twickenham Studios has a major Hollywood production in situ for a theatrical release planned later this year.
Piers Read (Managing Partner of Twickenham Studios said: “We are thrilled to announce the opening of a brand new TV Studio facility at Twickenham that is designed to cater to broadcasters who are in urgent need of studio space in London to produce new shiny floor entertainment shows like ITV’s Tipping Point that we previously hosted. The TV Studio is an exciting addition that will complement our rich heritage of seeing some of the finest independent feature films and television dramas that have been produced here.”
Jeremy Rainbird (Partner of Twickenham Studios) said: “Twickenham’s world-class facilities, is set in a secluded location in the leafy suburb of Richmond which offers several obvious advantages in these COVID-times, in contrast to more urban locations. With the measures we have introduced we think it is a perfect place for people to re-boot various production workflows by accessing the site safely and securely. We have done everything we possibly can in order to ensure the space is as safe as can be for everyone entering the site by maintaining clear protocols needed to work on set or in theatres.”
Sunny Vohra (Chairman of Twickenham Studios.) said: “The film and TV industry provides thousands of jobs to individuals across the UK, many of whom are freelance and have fallen through the gaps in the government’s economic plans. With the demand for content and the need to entertain people through these turbulent times, we want to enable creativity and ideas to come to life safely.”
Working in line with the recently published British Film Commission/BFI Screen Sector COVID-19 Task Force protocols, Twickenham’s STUDIO SAFE Measures that go above Government regulations and guidelines include:
- Undertakingsocial distancing measures – remote COVID training available so that incoming productions understand the measure and can frame risk assessments around the new protocols
- TW1 COVID app, self-certification from all staff, crew and suppliers arriving on site.https://www.hs-compliance.org/tw1-covid-declaration
- New COVID aware signage and complex wide swipe doors to safely limit human movement into certain areas.
- TW1 staff will wear certified masks and gloves and are being issued with thermometers to conduct a routine daily temperature check. This is in addition to the self-declaration to confirm people have not been exposed to the virus.
- TW1 staff will follow on set and in theatre protocols established by the industry task force and government guidelines
- Additional cleaning staff will be hired and on constant vigil, ready with sanitisation procedures. We can provide audits of exactly which area have been cleansed and when.
- TW1 have a bio-fogging specialist on standby to treat each space being hired by productions.
- All studios and equipment have localised Sanitation Stationsat each entrance with identifying signage.
- TW1 are deploying rigorous new cleaning standards and include hand sanitisers fitted next to each door in the whole studio complex.
- Each space will be cleaned at the start and end of each day. In absolute alignment with green initiatives, Safe Setproducts will be earth friendly.