Sony will launch a new set of portable high-grade picture monitors from its TRIMASTER range at this year’s BSC Expo in London. Both the 24’’ and 18.4’’ models will be showcased on the Sony stand.
The PVM-X2400 (24’’) and the PVM-X1800 (18.4’’) monitors offer ultra-high definition with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and a brightness of all-white luminance of 1000 cd/m2.
Their wide colour gamut matches the BVM-HX310 TRIMASTER HX master monitor but the new monitors are smaller and more portable. Sony is aiming the monitors at expanding footprints in 4K HDR production including applications such as on-set monitoring, non-linear video editing, studio wall monitoring, rack-mount monitoring of OB trucks or machine rooms.
The monitors also feature new Black Detail High/Mid/Low, which helps maintain accurate colour reproduction by reducing the brightness of the backlight in three steps to reproduce the correct colours and gradations in low-luminance areas. Another new function, Dynamic Contrast Drive, dynamically changes backlight luminance to adapt to each scene or frame when transferring images from PVM-X2400/X1800 to existing Sony OLED monitors. This functionality allows filmmakers to check the highlight and low light balance of the contents with both bright and dark scenes.
“We are excited to return to BSC this year and launch our two new picture monitors at the show. At Sony, we always work closely with our partners, customers and the wider industry to offer solutions that help filmmakers overcome the real-life production challenges they face on set or in the editing room. Through the launch of these new monitors, Sony is now able to offer its customers an even wider range of compact 4K HDR monitors that provide reliable and faithful colour matching from start to finish,” explained Daniel Dubreuil, Senior Product Manager at Sony Professional Solutions Europe.
Here are Sony’s key features of the new reference monitors:
● TRIMASTER technology offering precise greyscale and accurate colour reproduction, achieving 100% colour gamut coverage of the industry-leading BVM-HX310 master monitor
● 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and HDR capabilities
● New Black Detail High/Mid/Low to reproduce the correct colours and gradations in low-luminance areas
● Dynamic contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 by Dynamic Contrast Drive, a new backlight driving system that dynamically changes the backlight luminance to adapt for each frame of a scene
● 4K/HD scopes with HDR scales that are Waveform/Vector
● Quad View display and User 3D LUT functionality
● 12G/6G/3G/HD-SDI with auto configuration
The new monitors will be available in July 2020.
Share this story