Panasonic has announced the AK-UC3300, a 4K Studio Camera system equipped with an S35mm MOS 4K sensor that’s aimed at broadcast studio productions, live events and eSports.
The camera is scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of 2020.
The AK-UC3300 has a large 11-megapixel 4K image sensor to achieve a resolution of 2,000 TV lines and supports HDR (HLG) and ITU-R BT.2020. With high sensitivity of F10 (2,000 lx), it enables high-quality video shooting, with low noise, while maintaining a S/N ratio of 62 dB or higher.
It supports 12G-SDI output capable of sending uncompressed 4K video with a single coaxial cable; TICO over SDI (4K over 3G-SDI) output, which enables the transmission of 4K signals over conventional 3G-SDI cables; and the next-generation IP transmission standard SMPTE ST2110.
For sports applications, in addition to the 2x high-speed HD shooting function, the skew reduction function – realised through high speed scans operating at 1/100 of a second – aids the shooting of rapid movements such as during sports and live events.
The camera system has been developed with a new 1/5-type Remote Operation Panel (AK-HRP1015GJ) featuring Colour LCD readout display, which allows GUI operation and also supports PoE+ and IP control. The system is also compatible with the existing Panasonic AK-HRP1000/AK-HRP1005 Remote Operation Panels. A high-resolution 1.78 cm (0.7 inches) Full HD OLED Colour Viewfinder AJ-CVF70GJ has been developed for use with the camera system.
Panasonic’s summary of the main features
- 11-megapixel 4K image sensor, high sensitivity of F10 and resolution of 2,000 TV lines while maintaining a S/N ratio of 62 dB or higher
- 4K/HD multiformat support including allowing for flexible operation adapted to various production application
- Supports HDR(HLG) and ITU-R BT.2020
- Supports Chromatic Aberration Compensation
- Support for various interfaces, including 12G-SDI output, TICO*1 over SDI（4K over 3G-SDI）output and SMPTE ST2110*2
- Support for 2x HD high-speed shooting in 1080p, 1080i and 720p
- High-speed image scanning of 1/100 second for low-skew shooting
- Camera system has developed to support comfortable, high quality shooting
- Remote Operation Panel（ROP）
AK-HRP1015GJ （scheduled for release in the fourth quarter, 2020）
- Camera serial control and IP control are supported
- Up to 99 studio cameras can be controlled
- PoE+ support and equipped with a robust LAN terminal
- 78 cm (0.7 inches) Full HD OLED Color Viewfinder
AJ-CVF70GJ（scheduled for release in the fourth quarter, 2020）
- 78 cm (0.7 inches) Full HD color OLED panel
- Capable of achieving high contrast ratio and pure black
- 38 mm large-diameter eyepiece with optical zoom lens
Share this story