American Cinema Editors (ACE) has unveiled the schedule and panelists for the upcoming EditFest Global, the virtual outing of the popular, long-standing event that brings together both accomplished and emerging editors worldwide.
EditFest Global takes place online on 30 September 2023. Attendees and panelists will be able to interact and network, in true ACE fashion, to celebrate editors and the art of editing while encouraging the next generation worldwide.
As part of the day, there will be a Master Class with Hank Corwin, ACE (pictured).
The day includes panels, breakout rooms, networking with attendees and panelists, a sponsor expo and access to recorded panels from EditFest LA, held in August 2023.
Kevin Tent, ACE President notes, “EditFest Global is a perfect illustration of ACE’s mission to educate a worldwide community about the craft of editing and to advance the art and dignity of the profession. To be able to speak with each other, learn from each other, and share our thoughts is an important aspect of a career in editing.”
ACE EDITFEST GLOBAL SCHEDULE – Saturday, September 30, 2023
All presented in Pacific Time
7:15am to 7:30am – Early Bird EditFest Introduction
7:30am to 9:00am – First rebroadcast of Artificial Intelligence Panel from in-person EditFest LA
exploring the technology and its impact on the art of editing
· Moderated by Carolyn Giardina, Tech Editor – The Hollywood Reporter
o Zack Arnold, ACE (Optimize Yourself, Cobra Kai)
o Jon Dudkowski, ACE (Star Trek: Discover)
o Chad Nelson, Creative collaborator OpenAI (Award Winning Short, Critterz)
o Cristóbal Valenzuela (Co-founder and CEO of RunwayM)
9:15am to 9:30am – Official EditFest Introduction
9:30am – 11am – “My Favorite Bit” An homage to the brilliant Norman Hollyn’s “Lean Forward Moment.”
Film editors from around the globe will show a clip from a film or show they love. They’ll discuss its significance, why they found it so attention-grabbing, and most importantly, how it inspired them. These editors – from disparate geographical beginning and ending points – are perfect examples of the global nature of the community of editors.
· Moderated by Ant Boys, ACE (editor of The Great, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and Veep)
o Sujit Agrawal, ACE (Satya, Send Help)
o Debbie Berman, ACE (Spiderman: Homecoming, Black Panther, Captain Marvel)
o Elisa Bonora, ACE (Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me, Still Working 9 to 5)
o Claudia Castello, ACE (Prey, Creed, Fruitvale Station)
o Bradinn French, ACE (A Black Lady Sketch Show, American Horror Story)
11:15 to 12:45 – Master Class with Hank Corwin, ACE
· Moderated by Joshua Handler (co-founder and programmer for Picturehouse 441)
· Hank Corwin, ACE (The Big Short, Vice, Don’t Look Up, Natural Born Killers)
12:45pm to 1:30pm – Breaktime for networking and visiting the Sponsor Expo
1:30pm – 2:30pm Live Break-Out Sessions
· Bob Duscay, ACE (Glass Onion, Knives Out, Star Wars: The Last Jedi)
with moderator Sean Linal
· Erica Freed Marker, ACE (Severance, Dead Ringers, Alaska Daily)
with moderator Alfonso Carrion
· Conversation with Author Bobbie O’Steen and Susan Vaill, ACE (Hacks, This is Us)
with moderator Irene Chun
· BIPOC DOC Editors Chairpersons – Carla Gutierrez, ACE (RBG, The Last Out) and David Teague (Pretty Baby, Becoming)
with moderator Susana Benaim
· Russell Griffin, ACE talks about Editing Multi-Camera Shows (How I Met Your Father, Family Reunion, Mad About You)
with moderator Alyssa Donovan
2:30pm – Closing Comments
Share this story