Canon has announced the latest additions to its XA-series with three new 4K UHD camcorders – the XA55, XA50 and XA40.
The XA55 / XA50 is a 4K UHD camcorder with a 1.0-type sensor, Dual Pixel CMOS AF and 15x Optical zoom, with the XA55 model featuring 3G-SDI. The XA40 is an ultra-compact 4K UHD camcorder with 1/2.3-type sensor and 20x Optical zoom.
The XA55, XA50 and XA40 are built for 4K UHD and HD production, with Over Sampling HD processing allowing users to benefit from advanced Full HD capture.
Here’s Canon’s list of the key features for the camcorders
XA55 / XA50 Key Features:
• High quality 4K UHD camcorder with 1.0-type CMOS sensor and Wide Dynamic Range
• Superior Full HD image quality with Over Sampling HD processing
• 25.5mm wide angle 15x Optical zoom with 5-axis image stabilisation
• Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Face Detection and Touch Tracking
• Support for 4K UHD 25P XF-AVC/MP4 recording to SD cards, as well as Slow & Fast modes in both 4K and Full HD
• Other professional features include Infrared Mode, two XLR inputs with linear PCM 4-channel audio recording capability, and 3G-SDI (XA55 only).
XA40 Key Features:
• Ultra-compact 4K UHD camcorder with 1/2.3-type CMOS sensor and superior Full HD with Over Sampling HD Processing
• Wide 20x Optical zoom with 5-axis image stabilisation
• Slow and Fast Motion modes in both UHD and Full HD
• Infrared Mode for conditions with little to no ambient light
• Lightweight (weighing approximately 730g – body only) and packed with professional features, including two XLR inputs with linear PCM 4-channel audio
Share this story