Blackmagic Design has announced a raft and new products and product updates including a new Pocket Cinema Camera 6K.
The new handheld digital film camera comes with a full Super 35 size 6K HDR image sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range, an EF lens mount and dual native ISO up to 25,600.
This new model builds on the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K but with a larger Super 35 sensor size with 6K resolution and an EF lens mount.
It’s is available immediately from Blackmagic Design resellers for US$2,495.
The new model’s larger 6144 x 3456 Super 35 sensor and EF lens mount allows the use of larger EF photographic lenses to create cinematic images with shallower depth of field and users can shoot in 6K and then in post production zoom and re-frame to allow wide shots and close ups to be created.
The new 6K model will shoot up to 50 fps at 6144 x 3456 16:9 or 60 fps at 6144 x 2560 2.4:1 and 60 fps at 5744 x 3024 17:9. For higher frame rates users can window the sensor and shoot up to 120 fps at 2.8K 2868 x 1512 17:9 or work in true anamorphic 6:5 using anamorphic lenses in 3.7K 60 fps at 3728 x 3104.
Recording works in 10-bit Apple ProRes files in all formats up to 4K or 12-bit Blackmagic RAW in all formats up to 6K.
The camera has built in CFast and SD UHS-II card recorders, and a USB-C expansion port for recording direct to an external media disk. Shooters can use regular SD cards for HD or higher performance UHS-II and CFast cards for native 4K or 6K when using Blackmagic RAW. Imagine capturing over an hour of full resolution 6K images on a single 256GB SD UHS-II card.
Here’s Blackmagic’s list of key features for the camera
• Designed from carbon fiber polycarbonate composite.
• Multifunction grip allows single hand operation.
• 2 models with 6K at 6144 x 3456 and 4K at 4096 x 2160.
• Compatible with MFT or EF lenses.
• Wide 13 stops of dynamic range for film looks.
• Up to 25600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
• Records full resolution up to 60 fps or 120 fps windowed.
• Standard open file formats compatible with popular software.
• Built in SD, UHS-II and CFast card recorders.
• Features incredible quality Blackmagic RAW recording.
• Built in 5" touchscreen allows accurate focus when shooting 6K.
• Blackmagic OS as used in URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast cameras.
• Includes Blackmagic Generation 4 Color Science.
• Features full size HDMI for monitoring with status overlay.
• Professional mini XLR input with 48 volt phantom power.
• 3D LUTs can be applied for both monitoring and recording.
• USB-C port allows recording directly to an external disk.
• Built in timecode generator for syncing multi-camera shoots.
• Supports still frame capture up to 21.2 megapixel.
• Supports remote camera control via Bluetooth.
• Powers via 12V DC input and can recharge via USB-C.
• Includes full DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.
Share this story