Blackmagic Design has announced Blackmagic Video Assist 12G, new models of the company’s monitor/ recorder that will be available in 5” and 7” versions.
The new models feature brighter HDR screens, built in scopes, upgraded batteries, 12G-SDI and will be available this month at a price of US$795.
The new design includes brighter screens for HDR work, tally indicator, 4 built in scopes, enhanced focus assist features, 3D LUTs and native Blackmagic RAW recording from supported cameras. and has 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 on both 5" and 7" models. The new design also features upgraded batteries and supports two standard Sony L-Series batteries.
Te 7" 12G model also includes 2 media slots, while both the 5" and 7" models include 12G-SDI for high frame rate Ultra HD, analog inputs for audio, USB-C external disk recording, plus a front panel speaker and side mounted headphone jack.
Blackmagic Video Assist 12G HDR is an ideal upgrade for cameras, as it’s super bright 2500nit display is bigger than the tiny displays found on consumer cameras, plus users are also adding professional focus assist features and better quality
Here’s Blackmagic’s key features for the Video Assist 12G
• Supports live production, digital signage and archive use.
• Modern design with fast to use touch screen controls.
• Upgrades cameras to better monitoring and better record codecs.
• Large LCD screen for digital film style focus assist tools.
• SD/USH-II card support for commonly available media.
• Records direct to external USB-C media disks.
• 12G-SDI and HDMI for recording in SD, HD and Ultra HD.
• Advanced HDR support with bright 2500nits wide gamut LCD.
• Built in scopes include waveform, vector, parade and histogram.
• Latest Multi Rate 12G-SDI technology for SD, HD and Ultra HD.
• 3D LUTs can be applied for both monitoring and recording.
• Standard open file formats compatible with popular software.
• Records Blackmagic RAW from supported third party cameras.
• Professional multi channel digital and analog audio.
• Localized for 11 popular international languages.
• Works with popular NLE software such as DaVinci Resolve.
Share this story