Adobe has announced improvements to its Creative Cloud video and audio applications, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Character Animator, Media Encoder and Premiere Rush.
Available now, the updates offer support for Apple ProRes RAW, new creative tools in After Effects, workflow refinements in Character Animator, and performance improvements, such as faster Auto Reframe in Premiere Pro.
New feature and performance improvements in the release are
- ProRes RAW support in Premiere Pro and After Effects to give a cross-platform solution for Apple ProRes workflows from camera media through to delivery.
- More streamlined graphics workflows in Premiere Pro include an improved Pen tool with better support for Bezier curves, enabling greater precision for creating lines and shapes. Filter effects show attributes that only have keyframes or adjusted parameters so users can focus on the currently active effects.
- Auto Reframe in Premiere Pro is now faster. Powered by Adobe Sensei, the company’s artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technology, Auto Reframe automatically reformats and repositions video within different aspect ratios, such as square and vertical video, accelerating workflows for social media and content platforms, such as Quibi.
- Hardware encoding on Windows for H.264 and H.265 (HEVC) is available for NVIDIA and AMD GPUs, providing faster exports for the formats with Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.
- Support for audio files in Creative Cloud Libraries enables Premiere Pro users to save, organise and share frequently used audio assets for easy access right from the CC Libraries panel.
- Tapered Shape Strokes in After Effects give motion graphics artists new creative options for animation and design. Make tapered, wavy, pointed, or rounded strokes on shape layers. Animate the strokes for stylised looks and motion designs.
- Concentric Shape Repeater in After Effects offers new parameters in the Offset Paths shape effect to create copies of a path that radiate outward or inward .
Improved Timeline Management, including Timeline Search Filtering in Character Animator offers increased efficiency in animation workflows. New background puppets, available soon let users trigger animated elements within a scene behind their character.
Automatic audio hardware switching is now available on macOS for After Effects, Media Encoder, Audition, Character Animator, Prelude, Premiere Pro, and Premiere Rush. When changing audio devices, or plugging in headphones, the OS recognizes the hardware and the Adobe application automatically switches to the current hardware.
Premiere Rush users can now automatically resize projects to the 4:5 aspect ratio to match formats for Facebook and Instagram videos. Also, back camera switching on an iOS device (requires iOS 13 and a current iPhone) enables capture within Premiere Rush from the selected back camera (ultra-wide, wide, or telephoto). Lastly, users can now import media from the Files app directly from the Premiere Rush media browser on iOS devices, simplifying access to files stored on device or different cloud services.
Share this story