Subscribe Online  

Video of the Day creative awards launches

Video of the Day creative awards launches
News
Jake Bickerton
15 July 2014

A new daily awards platform called Video of the Day (VOTD) has been launched to showcase the best new short films and videos.

 

The idea is for filmmakers to upload work of less than five minutes to the VOTD website, where it's then submitted to the VOTD judging panel who have seven days to mark it based on a series of criteria (idea, innovation, execution and design).

In the seven days voting is open for the film, visitors to the VOTD website can also vote for it, with the judges' votes counting for 75% of the film's overall score, and the public vote making up the other 25%.

 

At the end of the seven days, the film's final score is collated and compared to all the other films submitted in the last 30 days. If it's the highest scored film it becomes Video of the Day and is profiled and takes pride of place on the home page.

 

The site takes submissions from all genres of short film, pop promos, animation, commercial or whatever, except "adult content and screaming goats". Fair enough.

 

VOTD’s objective is to be both affordable for content creators, as well as allowing the whole industry to be a part of the process.

 

All entries to VOTD are currently free, but, once the site begins charging next year, will cost €30 each. The site's judging panel is made up of industry figures, mostly from commercials production companies and agencies. Or, as the site puts it, "the most respected creative thinkers and the brightest young upstarts in moving image." 

 

“VOTD deftly sidesteps some of the elements that might disenchant filmmakers in the awards, press or online world. It puts creativity and craft at it’s core, engaging the public and professionals alike. I hope to see it thrive,” says Adelphoi Music's Dan Kreeger, a founding judge of VOTD.

 

Be the first to comment.
























Televisual Media UK Ltd 23 Golden Square, London, W1F 9JP
©2009 - 2017 Televisual. All rights reserved
Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use | Disclaimer