PITCH FOR CASH - It’s The Way You Tell It
Win £5,000 towards a trailer and advice with your idea for a factual series with global appeal.
A strong commercial idea can be expressed without thousands being spent on glossy trailers and flyers. The idea is key and it’s how you tell it that counts.
THEY are a distributor seeking a factual series with global appeal. It can be high-brow or low-brow, but it needs to be commercial.
YOU are a producer with a strong track record, a great idea on paper and a belief in how you can successfully pitch the show.
TO ENTER Send in a two page (max) paper pitch – in confidence – to Maartje Horchner, Head of Acquisitions at ALL3MEDIA International - firstname.lastname@example.org - by Friday 31st October.
THE ALL3MEDIA INTERNATIONAL BRIEF
-Entrants initially submit a 2 page treatment in the factual or factual entertainment genre for access prime or prime-time only( any a/v/other presentations will be ignored at this initial stage of judging so paper pitches only please)
- We looking for a series ideally with a minimum three hour or six half hour episodes - commercial broad appeal.
- If you are selected for the first round short-list, you will be asked to produce a Powerpoint presentation of up to 5 minutes as support material. This must be the presentation you show on the night.
- If you are chosen as a finalist, the producer must be available to present on the 13th November at BAFTA and participate in the Q&A.
- We are looking for new shows - if your idea stems from an existing show - old or new - it must be declared at this start of the process.
- No kids, music or animation with realistic budgets – it will need a commission from the UK at some point!
THE PROCESS - 13th November, 5.30pm at BAFTA
ALL3MEDIA INTERNATIONAL will select a short list of three entries to attend the Factual Festival (with free entry) so you can pitch your stuff in front of a panel of experts.
THE THREE FINALISTS will receive access to the Fesitval on the 13th November
THE AUDIENCE is invited to watch the three finalists pitch
THE JUDGES Clare Laycock Head of channel, TLC UK Rich Evans Commissioning editor for factual entertainment, Channel 4 Julian Newby Editor MIP DAILY, editorial director, Boutique Editions Maartje Horchner Head of acquisitions, all3media international
The PITCH WINNER will be announced at the session and receive the cash - plus a date in the diary to follow up with all3media international
AND THEN it’s down to the bar to discuss proceedings.